Rumors surrounding the history of stately Ravenhearst Manor have circulated for decades. The recently acquired diary of Emma Ravenhearst may hold the key to unraveling the tale behind this unsettling place, yet the pages are missing. Players assume the role of Master Detective to unlock secrets held within Ravenhearst, scouring 32 rooms in the manor for cleverly hidden clues. Locating and assembling diary pages helps tell the story of the house and, ultimately, unlock the mystery.
- Changing levels enhance replay value.
- Thousands of unique items to find
- Dozens of puzzles to solve
- Need help unlocking a puzzle door?
Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst Tips & Tricks
- Think outside the box. For example, the word “horn” could be a musical instrument or an animal’s horn. An egg could be a shell, an egg over easy, or a painted egg.
- You can click on the telephone to automatically solve a locked door challenge, but you will forfeit all remaining hints. So make sure to use up your hints before using the telephone!
- You don’t have to clear every single room to find the diary page, so if you get stuck, move to another room and come back instead of wasting a lot of time on a single clue
- Keep an eye out for Felix the Fish (the Big Fish mascot). Click on him and you’ll get the chance to enter a contest to have your own image in the next Mystery Case Files game!
Tips by Location:
- Hint: To unlock this door, the wooden tokens must be fit into the appropriate slots. The circle of slots is divided into two halves, the left being light and the right being dark. You must fit the tokens that have sun/light themes into the left side, and darkness themes in the right.
- Step 1:
- Left: sun, sun hat, sunflower, umbrella, sundial, sunglasses
- Right: owl, bat, moon, Saturn, star, flashlight
- Step 2: Flick the light switches on either side to unlock the door
Servant’s Quarters Lock
- Step 1: Click the valve to the left of the clock at the bottom of the screen so that it moves to the other side.
- Step 2: Set the clock hands to read 9:30.
- Step 3: Click on the bottle opener hanging on the wooden shelf and drag it over to the purple bottle to uncap it.
- Step 4: Click on the red wheel twice to turn the bottle upside down and empty the liquid into the container.
- Step 5: Click on the wind-up car to cause a spark that ignites the flame under the pot and causes the liquid to roll down the pipe into the bath tub.
- Step 6: Inflate the balloon with the air pump until it rises and causes an event that reveals a valve.
- Step 7: Click the valve to steam away the lock and open the door.
- Step 1: Click the Death tarot card to reveal a Z button. Click the Z button to make the fortune teller appear.
- Step 2: Click the green button to make the fish move, then click the blue button to make the fisherman lower his rod so that he catches the fish. Time your button presses so that the fish and hook meet. (Hint: Click the blue button first, and when the rod is on its way down, click the green button.)
- Step 3: Once the fish is in the grinder, flick the yellow switch to the right of the slot machine to create a fishbone in the slot machine.
- Step 4: On the chalk board is a tic tac toe game. Play tic tac toe by clicking on any square to fill in an X. Win the game and the board will explode to reveal a lever. (Hint: if you lose, you can exit to the map and re-click on the guest bath room to restart the scenario. Or, better yet, play the game again (and again) until you win so you can go to the next level.)
- Step 5: Pull the lever to play the slot machine until you get double fishes (paired with the fish bone equals triple fishes). A nickel will roll out into the coin catcher.
- Step 6: Click the nickel and drag it into the coin slot to the left of the fortune teller. A paper key will appear.
- Step 7: Click and drag the paper key on top of the paper key cutout on top of the door handle to unlock the door.
Music Room Lock
- Step 1: Press the red “on” button on the orange panel to reveal three dice.
- Step 2: Press the valves above the dice the number of times corresponding to the dice (i.e. if the die says “4” press the valve 4 times.
- Step 3: When you press all the valves, a coin will roll into the elephant’s mouth and raise the bellows, and a new set of dice will appear.
- Step 4: Repeat Step 3 two more times until the lips on the end of the bellows are in front of the horn mouthpiece.
- Step 5: Press the bellows to blow the horn, causing three music notes to appear on the staff paper below
- Step 6: Play the notes on the keyboard to unlock the door
Surveilance Room Lock
- Step 1: To the left of the Venus Fly Trap you’ll see a severed wire. Click on the hole to reconnect the wire, which sends power to the electronic device.
- Step 2: Click the switch on the black device above to turn it on and power the light.
- Step 3: Click the orange button on the TV to turn it on. Adjust both the antenna and the knob with the pliers until you get an image with some numbers on it.
- Step 4: Type that string of numbers using the keys on the typewriter to let the fly out of the cage.
- Step 5: Click on the fly and it will fall into the mouth of the Venus Fly Trap.
- Step 6: Click the Venus Fly Trap to solve the puzzle and unlock the door.
- Step 1: There are seven clocks in this room, plus the big white clock with moveable hands. Do the following for each clock: Move the hands of the big clock to match the hands on the little clocks, and press the red button next to the big clock. This will cause one of the panels at the bottom of the screen to open, revealing an object.
- Step 2: For each revealed object, find and drag the corresponding opposite object into the empty slot behind it. These objects are scattered throughout the room.
- Angel – the red devil head in the upper right of the screen
- Female symbol – the male symbol hooked around the bottom dial on the square brown clock
- Fire – the icycle hanging from the square black clock
- Girl photograph – the black and white boy photograph handing on the wall
- Moon – the sun in the face of the clock with Roman numerals to the left of the big white clock
- Rabbit – the tortoise sitting on top of the big white clock
- Salt – the pepper shaker sitting on the white clock in the lower left of the screen
- Step 3: The closed panels now contain a variety of objects that represent numbers (5 fingers, 2 cards, 6 pointed star, 4 leaf clover, 3 point triangle, 5 fingers, 3 pronged trident) key these numbers in sequence into the keypad to unlock the door.
- Step 1: There is a device with symbols and Roman numerals on it. Find these objects on the screen (snake, doll’s hand, dagger inside the large clock, grey arrow with lamb’s head on it) and rotate them fully by clicking multiple times to cause letters to be revealed.
- Step 2: The revealed letters correspond to the four lettered blocks on the shelf next to the Buddha statue. Pay close attention to the direction each revealed letter is facing, then rotate the blocks to match.
- Step 3: When you’ve done this correctly, the green WC light will begin to flash. Click on the toilet seat to lower it, then press the handle to flush the toilet and a yodeler will appear in the painting. Flush the toilet a few more times until the yodeler climbs all the way up the mountain. Eventually this will trigger the hammer to fall, breaking open the doll’s head and revealing a key to unlock the door.
Storage Room Lock
- Step 1: Click the paper with the “1” on it to get the animation of the man laying the egg.
- Step 2: Rotate the “3” slot until the card with the spade suit is showing
- Step 3: Click the “2” day sale so that the cent sign appears
- Step 4: There is a numbered slot machine in the upper right. Click each number until it matches each numbered picture on the screen. (1 should be an egg, 2 should be the cent symbol, and 3 should be a spade). When you’ve done it correctly, a mouse will come out of the box.
- Step 4: Click on the “Feed me” paper on the shelf to reveal a mouse hole.
- Step 5: Click on the cupboard in the upper left to reveal a can opener. Click on the can opener to open the can.
- Step 6: Click on the can twice so it rotates upside down.
- Step 7: Rotate the magnet so it’s pointing at the can lid, to make the lid open and food to come halfway out.
- Step 8: Click on the food to make it fall onto the plate, then click on the cat. The mouse will now come through the hole and emerge at the bottom of the screen. Click the mouse and it will run into the wheel. After a few seconds, the door will unlock.
- Step 1: Click on the turquoise can so that a fly pops out of it.
- Step 2: Click on the amber-colored bottle on the top shelf to remove the cork. A second fly will come out.
- Step 3: Click on the yellow can on its side and a third fly will fly out.
- Step 4: Click on each fly and drag it onto the glowing turquoise electrical current. The fly will get stuck and close the electrical circuit, which powers up the horse racing game.
- Step 5: Click the red button on the black number dial and rotate it so that the pointer falls on the number 35. A piggybank will descend.
- Step 4: Click on the piggybank and it will drop a nickel through the pipe.
- Step 5: Drag the nickel into the coin slot to the right to activate the horse racing game.
- Step 6: Click on one of the colored buttons to choose which horse you bet on to win, then click the lever above to start the game.
- Step 7: Keep playing the game until your horse wins. It’s best to stick with one color until it wins instead of going from color to color, since winning seems completely random. When your horse wins, the lock will break.
- Step 1: There’s a grid with lightbulbs, some of which are on and some off. Clicking on the bulbs turns some on and others off. Your goal is to get all the lights on. To solve, click the following lights in sequence:
- Upper right corner
- Bottom right corner (this light will now be off)
- Lower left corner
- The upper left light should be on, and there should be a row of four “off” lights in a diagonal row heading down to the bottom right. Click these four lights in order, starting with the topmost one. Voila! (Hint: If you find yourself in a mess, click the switch on the right to reset the grid.)
- Step 2: Once you’ve lighted the entire grid, the green light bulb will go on. Turn the crank below to produce a green battery. Fit this battery into the green battery slot.
- Step 3: The grid of lights will reset itself, but this time it’s easy to solve. Click each of the four corners, then the light in the exact middle. Turn the crank to get the red battery.
- Step 4: On the grid, click the middle light in each of the four outer rows, then the exact middle light. Turn crank for yellow battery.
- Step 5: Click the exact middle light, then the light above it, then the light below it. Turn crank for the purple battery.
- Step 6: Click each of the four corners, then each of the “off” lights diagonally next to each corner. Turn crank for turquoise battery.
- Step 7: Once you’ve fit all the batteries in, the TV will turn on. There are three videogames that you must beat to continue. You can toggle between them by pressing the three green buttons below the screen.
- Step 8: The first game is a Pong-inspired game. Use the crank on the right to control the paddle. You must return the ball 15 times in a row to pass.
- Step 9: In the second game, you must keep your square in between the two lines for 35 seconds.
- Step 10: In the third game, your goal is to collect 25 of the circular objects while avoiding being hit by the heart-shaped objects.
- Step 11: When you beat all three games, the words “Game Over” will appear followed by the silhouette of a key. Turn the door handle in the lower left to continue.
- Step 1: There are eight pictures depicting the growth cycle of a frog. By pressing the green buttons, you must put these pictures into sequence from earliest to latest. Starting from the bottom and curving right, the number should be set to: 4, 8, 6, 1, 7, 3, 5, 2. When you’ve done it correctly, a roll of duct tape will appear in the upper right corner
- Step 2: In the lower left corner, click the water pump switch twice until the water turns on and starts dripping out of the hose.
- Step 3: Click and drag a piece of tape over the leaky hole to fix it.
- Step 4: Click the switch below the middle flower pot once so that the color turns to yellow.
- Step 5: Click the switch below the right flower pot twice so that the color turns to blue.
- Step 6: Turn the dial on the pump to extend it over each of the flowers. Click the green dial near the plant food bottle, then click the red lever on top of the pump to feed the plant. Do the same with the blue dial for water. Feed and water all three plants so that a flower grows in each pot.
- Step 7: Now you have the pluck off certain petals so that the plants match the picture on the wall. When you’ve done it correctly, the key will appear.
- Step 1: This is a memorization game. Press the button on the device in the lower right, and it will flash a series of objects in sequence. You must select these objects and drag them into the correct spaces in the grid below. The first one will be 3 objects, the second time will be 4 objects, and the third will be 5.
- Tips: This isn’t easy. Concentrate, and if it helps, write down what the objects are on a piece of paper to help you remember. As soon as you know what the first item is, try to click on it without taking your eye off the rest of the flashing items to get a head start. Move fast! You don’t have a lot of time.
- Step 2: After you’ve completed the final Match 5 challenge, five paper symbols will appear: Sheep, dog, turtle, bird, reptile. Push the buttons corresponding to the symbols on the large middle pbject (i.e. snake = turtle).
Guest Quarters Lock
- Step 1: There’s a battery to the left of the apple. Drag it to the battery receptacle in the lower right of the screen
- Step 2: Rotate the pistol so it’s pointing at the apple. When you have it positioned right, it will fire and break a piece off the apple, revealing symbols scribbled onto paper
- Step 3: Type the symbols from the paper using the keys in the upper right corner, and press the green button to cause a boot to appear behind the chicken.
- Step 4 (optional): Pull down the lever on the toaster. When the toasted bread comes back up, it will read 3Â½.
- Step 5: There’s a counter next to the wooden ruler. Set the arrow to 3Â½ inches, and press the red button below, which will cause three bottles to lower.
- Step 6: There are two levers to the left of the bottles. The upper lever slides the bottles, and the lower lever pours out contents into the mixer below. Use the levers to create a feed by combining ingredients from the bottles.
- Step 7: Use 2 doses from the Diamonds jar, 3 doses from the Spades jar, and 2 doses from the Moon jar. Pull the lever on the mixer to create chicken feed. Turn the crank on the box with the typing keys to cause the boot to kick the chicken. The chicken will feed, then produce an egg.
- Step 8: Repeat the process using 2 doses from Moon jar, 1 dose from Spades jar, and 1 dose from Diamond jar.
- Step 9: There should now be four eggs in the carton. Use the dials on the right to adjust the colors in each window to match the colors on the eggs. Click on the lever to the right to unlock the door.
- Step 1: Manipulate the Click n’ Slide blocks so that you can slide the battery down into the receiver below.
- Step 2: Click the switch to the left to turn on the fan.
- Step 3: Click the white button on the fan twice to move the fan to the bottom position.
- Step 4: Click the “03” panel to reveal a red button.
- Step 5: Press the red button to cause a multi-colored ball to fall into the fan, get launched, break the Santa egg in half to reveal a battery.
- Step 6: Take the battery and place it in the beige square with the +/- symbol to the right of the guitar.
- Step 7: Set the dials on the voltage meter above to read + (left dial) 8 and – (right dial) 3.
- Step 8: Click on the pick taped to the guitar and drag it across the strings. The noise will cause the monkey to jump, revealing a swipe card inside the amp speaker.
- Step 9: Click on the card and drag it through the card reader below the amp. Voila!
Final Door Lock
- Each key has a symbol its end that corresponds to the symbol etched into the door near each of the circular displays. Drag each key into the screen in the top middle of the door, and the screen will display a letter. Click the red button next to the symbol that corresponds to the key so that it turns green, and use the rotating dial at the bottom of the door to rotate to the corresponding letter. Repeat for each key until you’ve spelled out the word.