Following the success of ClubPengiun.com Disney is Launching a Pirates of the Caribbean online game at PiratesOnline.com. With 3d graphics and an actual download Pirates Online.com is closer to the Second Life. The Pirates of the Caribbean Online Game may actually do well in a world filled with medieval RPGs as it is slightly more modern and with ships.
Now if they would just get around to releasing the more adult oriented Pimps at Sea we’d have a real money maker.
Tips, Cheats, and Walkthrough will follow.
There are many different factors that can contribute to a decrease in game performance. Here is a list of quick-and-easy tips that you can use to help enhance and improve your game-play experience:
- Turn down your in-game graphics settings: Open your Options Panel by hitting F7 in-game, or by clicking Options in the pick-a-pirate screen — turn all settings under the Graphics and Geometry tabs to Low or Off.
- Free up as much RAM as possible prior to beginning game-play: Close any other programs, software, background tasks, and windows that are currently running on your computer.
- If your computer has 512MB of RAM or less, be sure you have Aggressive memory management selected in the Game Options panel. If your computer has 1024MB (1GB) of RAM or more, be sure you have Default memory management selected. (If your computer has more than 512MB but less than 1024MB, try both settings to see which works best for you.)
- Sometimes game performance can suffer when there are a number of other Pirates crowded into the same area — try moving to a less-populated area by selecting a server labeled Quiet from the map page.
- If you are playing on a laptop, make sure you set the power plan to High Performance while playing the game.
- Confirm you have the most up-to-date video driver.
- Make sure your computer’s software is up to date: Check for updates on a regular basis, both for your operating system and the browser you use.
- If you connect to the Internet through a proxy, try disabling your proxy or contact your network administrator (or Internet Service Provider) for additional instructions on optimizing your proxy configuration.