If you hadn’t noticed I’m consumed with ZillionTV stuff at the moment, and many of you still aren’t flooding me with resumes! So get your stuff sent, there are more positions that what I’m even showing but here is another one.
Position: PR Manager
ZillionTV Corporation (www.zilliontv.tv), headquartered in Santa Clara, is developing a next-generation consumer television service, which will change TV as you know it.
We are currently seeking experienced talent to be a part of our rapidly growing team. We have an immediate need for a Public Relations Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of Global Marketing. We’re seeking an experienced, driven, and results-oriented professional to oversee all PR/Communications activities. The PR Manager will play a key role in serving as the primary lead for all PR initiatives and speaking opportunities for the Executive team. This is a vital role in our organization with tremendous growth potential.
- Coordinate company-wide PR campaigns and manage external PR agency to support ZillionTV launch and ongoing initiatives
- Spearhead media outreach, including developing relationships with key press and working with management team on corporate messaging and positioning; develop, maintain and distribute press kits and media assets
- Manage corporate announcement process, including writing and editing releases; overseeing internal, legal, and partner approval; handling distribution over news wire services; and working with website marketing team to ensure timely release posting
- Assist in the writing of byline articles, executive speeches and presentations
- Drive strategic thinking, development, execution, and measurement of speaking and award opportunities
- Serve as on-site PR spokesperson at trade shows and conferences, including meeting with press to discuss the company and its service offering
- Help support a social media program responsible for driving online communities centered around key initiatives
- Help manage proactive and reactive PR around product-related news and technologies with emphasis on a high-quality product reviews program
- Monitor, distribute, and respond to competitive news while staying abreast of global industry issues
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years in public relations; entertainment industry experience a plus
- BA/BS required
- Proven experience managing external PR agencies
- Proven track record of success leading the execution of PR plans to advance products and/or corporate agendas among press, analysts and consumers
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills required
- Excellent leadership, project management and interpersonal communications skills; ability to collaborate effectively with employees at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and in a growing, dynamic organization
If you are interested in applying, please include (3) writing samples.