Imagine your Ford auto without auto lights–your car or truck would definitely be boring! But more than enhancing your vehicle’s exterior looks, auto lights help a lot in keeping your vehicle safe and sound as you drive it down the road. Without lights, your Ford auto would be like a blind man groping in the dark. The Ford headlights are among the most important lights in your Ford. They provide illumination for you to drive by and keep your car visible, especially at night in harsh weather conditions.
Auto lights are among the most lasting parts in a vehicle, but just like other exterior auto parts they are exposed to damaging elements that may cause them to lose their original luster. Replacing your Ford headlights as well as other exterior Ford parts like the Ford grille, Ford mirror, Ford taillights, Ford hood and Ford spoiler is a perfect way to give your Ford a fresh new look!
Ford parts, including Ford lights are among the easiest to replace because of the popularity of Ford vehicles. Ford Parts Online is one of your most trusted auto parts dealers online and the country’s leading Ford parts dealer. Among its millions of parts in stock are top quality Ford headlights and other Ford lights like corner lamps, sealed beam, turn signal lights, side marker lights and so much more–for almost all Ford models.
Thousands of Ford Taurus parts, Ford Explorer parts, Ford Mustang parts, and Ford Thunderbird parts are in stock for your immediate need of quality replacement and aftermarket auto parts. This number one Ford Parts Discount store has the greatest variety of auto parts for Ford and the most exciting wholesale prices as well. Explore the site and see for yourself the best Ford replacement parts you can get for your Ford car, truck or SUV.
Meanwhile, take a look at these easy-to-follow instructions on how to replace your headlights.
How to Replace Headlights:
1. Remove the exposed plastic or metal trim surrounding the housing to reach the headlight retaining ring and adjusting screws.
2. Using the correct tool, remove the four retaining-ring screws. Caution: these fasteners are often corroded, and it’s easy to strip them. Give each a squirt of penetrating oil and let it soak in for a few minutes. Be careful not to turn the headlight-aiming screws.
3. Remove the retaining ring, and the headlight will be free. Unplug the wiring connector from the back of the headlamp.
4. Plug the wiring connector into the back of the new headlight and place the light in the mounting base. Lugs on the back of the headlight will position it. If it does not fit securely, you probably have it upside down.
5. Turn on your headlights to test the new light. If it doesn’t come on, you might have a problem with the wiring, not the light.
6. Replace the retaining ring. Again, be careful not to disturb the settings of the adjusting screws. Finally, replace any trim elements that you had to remove.
How to replace halogen bulbs in composite headlights:
1. Never touch the glass portion of the new halogen bulb with your bare hand. Oil from your fingers could contaminate the bulb and cause premature failure. Handle the bulb by it plastic base.
2. Locate the back of the bulb socket. A plug-in wiring connector will be attached to the back socket. Carefully remove the connector.
3. Unscrew the retaining ring if so equipped, or turn the bulb counter-clockwise to release it.
4. Install the new bulb by aligning the notches on the base with the ridges in the socket. Push the bulb firmly into the socket.
5. Replace the plastic retaining ring, or turn the bulb to lock it into place.
6. Replace the electrical connector on the back of the bulb and check for proper operation.