Books and diagrams showing as many methods for the care of young as possible herunterladen.
1. To what extent is care given to the eggs and young in the case of fish? Is the number of eggs large or small herunterladen? Contrast this condition with that of the robin. What general conclusion is suggested?
2. Describe the egg-laying habits of five or more of the following: grasshopper, cecropia moth, tussock moth, leaf miner, case bearer, leaf roller, sphinx moth, gall insects, ichneumon flies, spiders, earthworm microsoft office kostenlos downloaden vollversion deutsch chip. How is the developing animal protected in each case? How is food assured?
3. Contrast the method of the honeybee and the solitary wasp as to the method of caring for and feeding the young.
4. Describe the nests of five or more of the following: spider, honeybee, bumblebee, paper wasp, mud dauber, digger wasp.
5. Describe the nests of the following: stickleback fish, sunfish.
6. Describe the nests of ten birds common to your neighborhood.
7. Describe the homes of the following: woodchuck, mole, squirrel, rabbit, muskrat, prairie dog, beaver, bear.
8. In case of birds which of the parent birds builds the nest and cares for the little birds?
1. What general methods are there for protecting the young?
2. What various devices for assuring plenty of food for the developing animal?
3. What is the relation between the care given the young and the number of eggs produced?