Individual specimens in cages, jars, or wide-mouth vials with cotton stoppers to admit air herunterladen. Several roaches in large cages with material for food and concealment.
1. What is the general color and the average size of cockroaches herunterladen?
2. During what time of the day are roaches most active? Where do they hide at other times? How do their shape and color aid concealment? Note any odd or striking colors or marks which might make them distinguishable to their mates microsoft office kostenlos downloaden vollversion deutsch chip.
3. Is the roach a quick or a slow moving animal? How does it get about,—by running, jumping, walking, crawling, swimming, or flying? Turn your specimen on its back and see how it recovers its proper position. Notice the relative size and development of the wings and their use in flying.
4. If uninjured, your specimen has six legs. Why don’t they step on each other? Notice the stiff hairs on the legs and the white pads under the feet. How would these structures be useful to the animal?
5. The large, black, shiny eyes are on the front and sides of the head; the long “horns,” or feelers, are attached just below the eyes. Upon which sense, sight or feeling, do you think the roach depends more? Explain your statement.
7. How can a house be rid of cockroaches?
a. a. A cockroach, seen from above.