Identify your specimens. Then study as many as your time will allow, using these general questions for each:—
1. How large is the specimen and what is its shape?
2. Can you distinguish a head or a head end? If so, by what peculiarities?
3 herunterladen. State whether the body is segmented or not, and, if it is, whether the segments are alike in form and appearance, i.e. whether the segments are uniform microsoft office kostenlos downloaden vollversion deutsch chip.
4. State whether the animal is bilaterally symmetrical, radially symmetrical, or without symmetry.
5. Compare this worm with the earthworm as to sense organs.
6. What organs for respiration has it?
7. What special protective devices has it?
8. If possible, find out and state where this worm lives. What can you see in the structure of this worm which enables it to live where it does?
Summary of the Comparative Study of Worms
1. Name the different worms you have studied. What characteristics have they in common?
2. What different methods of obtaining food do they show?
3. What variations do they show in senses? in sense organs?
4. Which one seems to you best adapted to its habitat? In what ways?
a. One drawing of each worm studied.