Living crickets in cages, with materials for food and concealment, and individual specimens in wide-mouth bottles or vials with cotton stoppers herunterladen.
1. What is the average size and the general color of crickets?
2. Just what do they do when you try to catch them herunterladen? What structures enable them to do these things?
3. Of the three pairs of legs, which extend sidewise for running or grasping, and which backward for jumping or climbing microsoft office kostenlos downloaden vollversion deutsch chip? What structures have the legs to enable them to do their work properly?
4. Notice how well developed the cricket’s wings are, and state how much they are used or how they influence the habits of the animal.
5. How many projecting spines are there on the hinder end of the body? Are they ornamental or useful? how? The female crickets have a special spear-shaped spine for depositing eggs.
6. In a column make a list of the senses (sight, feeling, etc.), and opposite each state what kind of an organ is used and where it is located. The ears are oblong white spots on the second long piece of the front legs.
7. Find out whether the cricket chews solid food or sucks liquid food, and whether it has biting jaws or protrusible lips. See whether it will attack a toothpick or your finger, and if the crickets have been confined long, whether there has been any attempt atcannabalism. Is its natural food animal or vegetable matter?
8. How do crickets chirp?
9. What work do they do in nature?
10. How does a baby cricket develop?