1. What is the shape? What regions are present? How do you distinguish between the trunk and the tail herunterladen? Has the tail any use? What are the advantages of a body without limbs?
2. Describe the snake’s path in locomotion herunterladen. How is locomotion accomplished? Is the absence of limbs a hindrance to the animal in its locomotory activity?
3. Describe the appearance and movements of the tongue microsoft office kostenlos downloaden vollversion deutsch chip. Of what use are these movements of the tongue?
4. What evidence is there that the snake breathes with lungs?
5. What sense organs do you find? Compare the ears and eyes with those of the frog. What explains the peculiar staring appearance of the eyes?
6. What is the color scheme? Does it appear to be protective? If so, how?
7. Of what does the exoskeleton consist? How are the scales arranged? What variations in the size of the scales do you find? What special use have some of the scales? How fitted for this? How does a snake moult? Appearance before and after moulting.
The Florida Lizard
1. Describe the body as to regions and shape. Is the tail of use?
2. What are the lizard’s locomotory abilities? How is it fitted for living in trees?
3. Feed the lizard flies or meal worms and describe its method of capturing them.
4. Compare the lizard’s respiration and sense organs with those of the snake and frog.
5. What is the usual color of the lizard? What have you discovered about its power to change colors? How may this be of use to it?
6. Of what does the exoskeleton consist? Is the entire body covered? How are the scales arranged? How does the lizard moult?