It’s 10:30 AM on a Thursday. Having workshifted from home to attend an early online meeting with my teammates in Germany, I drive in to the office mid-morning. How should I make my entrance photo app for free?
- Loudly call out “Good morning, everybody!” and wave broadly as I walk to my desk.
- Tiptoe in and hope that nobody notices me coming in late.
- Act as if I’ve been at work all morning and am just returning to my desk from a meeting.
I prefer option C. I don’t want to disturb people who have settled into productive work, but I also don’t want to appear ashamed of workshifting old firefox. Besides, I truly had already started my workday like they had, just not from the same location.
So I walk in calmly, smile and nod at people who catch my eye and quickly sit down to work.
Notice anything different from the usual work arrival routine?
- I don’t say hello to everyone I pass by herunterladen.While that’s the friendly thing to do first thing in the morning when everyone else is arriving, it could be disruptive at a later time, when people are immersed in their work. Instead, I greet people later, when we meet to collaborate or run into each other in the kitchen or hall. Some days I don’t talk to my cubicle neighbors until they are leaving for the day taxfix app herunterladen. They don’t mind a bit. (And yes, we’re still friends.)
- I don’t dump my stuff at my desk and then go to the kitchen for a beverage. If I didn’t pick one up on my way in (hey, now that would be smart!), I may wait awhile until I’m actually thirsty. This avoids immediate repeat traffic past my officemates video from instagram download iphone. It’s not like I need some juice to wake me up anyway, since I’ve already been up for hours.
- I don’t stop to check in with my boss.This is a moot point for me, since my boss works in a different city and embraces results-based management. However, if I did have an on-premise boss, I would have sent him an email that morning or the day before to inform him of my late arrival sap programm herunterladen.
- I don’t stop to check on my direct reports.They’ve already been informed via email that I’d be coming in late, so they know they can stop by and see me after I arrive. I may stop by their desks to see them later, but I see no reason to interrupt their work just to assure them of my presence. Besides, they may not be in the office themselves, since they workshift, too iphone video herunterladen. My one exception might be with a new team member or an intern who might need more direct supervision.
- I do start working faster than I might in the early AM.Why waste a productive time of day to follow a routine that was created to help me wake up? By 10:30 I’m well awake and running at full power google earth download. (Ideally, I should start my early morning work the same way, but that’s just not realistic for most of us – at least not for a late-night reader like me.)
Is all this really necessary? What’s the harm in creating a little disruption for the sake of workshifting? Well, the point of workshifting is to increase both flexibility and productivity download children's films online. My co-workers shouldn’t have to sacrifice their productivity for the sake of my flexibility, or else my workshifting may become the next sacrifice.
Also, showing consideration for my colleagues helps to assuage my workshifter’s guilt. Even though I know I’m doing what’s best for both me and my company by taking an early meeting from home, I still feel secretly guilty that I have this privilege herunterladen. The least I can do is respect their productivity.
It’s either that or bring doughnuts.